We are committed to protecting the privacy of our contacts, customers, suppliers and employees (“you” and when relating to you, “your”) and complying with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
In this policy we describe how we manage your personal information.
The kinds of personal information we collect
The kinds of personal information that we collect include:
- contact details such as name, role or position, address, email address, mobile number, landline number and fax number;
- information relating to your circumstances and affairs relevant to the matter/s in which we are instructed;
- information about your legal interests and requirements and the legal services that you may wish to purchase;
- information regarding our communications with you and your attendance at seminars and promotional events held by us;
- if you are an employee or prospective employee, information about your qualifications, skills and work experience;
- if you are a supplier or prospective supplier, information about your business skills, services, products and prices;
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information by various means including when:
- you contact us with a question or inquiry;
- you subscribe to our newsletter or updates service;
- you attend a seminar or event where we are hosting or presenting;
- you make a purchase from us
- you visit our website.
The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
We collect, hold, use and personal information in order to:
- respond to your enquiries;
- employ competent and diligent personnel;
- monitor or improve the use of and satisfaction with our services; and
The parties to whom your personal information is disclosed
Subject to our confidentiality obligations, we may share some relevant personal information with:
- our e-mail marketing provider for the purposes of providing you our newsletter, invitations and updates; and
- third party service providers who assist us with archival, auditing, accounting, legal, business consulting, website or technology services.
Opting out of marketing communications
We may, from time to time, send you newsletters, invitations and updates about our services. You can opt out of receiving further such communications by notifying us using our contact details below by clicking the “unsubscribe” option at the bottom of any marketing e-mail received from us, or by contacting us directly.
We take reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorized access, modification and disclosure. For example, we maintain our files in secure offices and limit access to personal information to individuals with a need to know.
Notification of Changes
Complaints / Contact us
The Unplugged Psychologist, via email, email@example.com
We will endeavor to respond to any complaint within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint you may seek a review by contacting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner using the information available at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints.